Index Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Sweatdrop Forums > Main Category > Coffee Lounge > Arvon Foundation
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2006, 02:21 PM   #1
Selph
> weak and powerless <
 
Selph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 113
Send a message via AIM to Selph Send a message via MSN to Selph
-->
Default Arvon Foundation

I have recently discovered the joys of the Arvon Foundation XD
My English teacher pointed me towards this course, knowing that I'd be interested in it, and has been trying to make sure I could get on it:

http://www.arvonfoundation.org/pages...sp?CourseID=88

My school's shelling out 500 for me to go on this, and it's residential, so I'm gonna be away from home for a week. It sounds to me like it could be good fun.
What do you guys think? Is it worth doing?
__________________
Selph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 02:32 PM   #2
Laura
BACK IN THE GAME
 
Laura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 12,901
Default

500 would actually get you to Japan and back, however sounds like you'd get a lot of intensive tuition and coaching. A week away can be fun! Especially if your school's paying for it, lucky!!
__________________
Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 02:36 PM   #3
Selph
> weak and powerless <
 
Selph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 113
Send a message via AIM to Selph Send a message via MSN to Selph
-->
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura
500 would actually get you to Japan and back, however sounds like you'd get a lot of intensive tuition and coaching. A week away can be fun! Especially if your school's paying for it, lucky!!
Haha! Maybe I should just ask them to book me on the next flight to Japan then! XD
I'm only able to go because my school is funding it. If my parents had to pay, there'd be no chance
__________________
Selph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 04:47 PM   #4
ben
Budding Artist
 
ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: none
Posts: 15
Default

Core blimey, 500 pounds is alot, my school wouldnt even think about it lol. It sounds like you will have a good time.
ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 07:08 PM   #5
Selph
> weak and powerless <
 
Selph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Midlands
Posts: 113
Send a message via AIM to Selph Send a message via MSN to Selph
-->
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben
Core blimey, 500 pounds is alot, my school wouldnt even think about it lol. It sounds like you will have a good time.
I hope you're right
The only reason my school are paying for it is because we got this special grant or something that we can use for stuff that will help us get to university. But yeah, I realise most schools wouldn't do it, so I know I'm pretty lucky ^^
__________________
Selph is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.