Index Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Sweatdrop Forums > Main Category > Coffee Lounge > Expo Oct 2006 - "supergeeks" video
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2006, 09:17 AM   #1
Dock
Taking care of Doodles
 
Dock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 5,969
Send a message via ICQ to Dock Send a message via AIM to Dock
-->
Sweatdrop Admin
Default Expo Oct 2006 - "supergeeks" video

I had to share this video with the forum. It's a video profile of Expo (with some comedy), but Fred and Laura are spotted about 30 seconds into the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhrRjQxkDIU

Whilst mostly a mocking of the 'free hugs' fad at the show, and weird look at cosplayers, it does a decent job of summing up the atmosphere of the show.
__________________
Art gallery ala Dock~! : deadpanda.com
Dock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 09:55 AM   #2
Emma
Badgers!
 
Emma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 10,255
Default

Oh my god that is AWESOME!!! I giggled my head off....I love it!! >_<

the timing of laura and fred's appearence is perfect.
__________________
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 10:06 AM   #3
fuurin
can't spell... (._.)
 
fuurin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 1,597
Default

Hahaha! That's a very different view on the expo experience!
__________________
:: DA :: Art Blog :: Twitter
fuurin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 02:56 PM   #4
Laura
BACK IN THE GAME
 
Laura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 12,898
Default

Yay birthday prez hugs! 36 seconds in for a hug isn't too bad for an appearance! Haha, you guys are on there too

It's kinda mean, but kinda funny, and all tongue in cheek, they take the piss out of themselves, too.
__________________
Laura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 03:02 PM   #5
Emma
Badgers!
 
Emma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 10,255
Default

I didn't see any more of us in there Laura - whereabout??
__________________
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 04:09 PM   #6
Dozaloz
Dozalozadozaloza
 
Dozaloz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Britland!!!
Posts: 36
happy

Aw man that makes me feel nostalgic.....I missed the October Expo, I last went in May...it seems so long ago D:

Was Joe Flannigan really at the October one? If he was I may have to shoot myself XDD He's my fave SGA character EVER.

Well done on the video, it's hilarious XD Makes me wanna watch March of the Penguins :3
Dozaloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 04:11 PM   #7
Zeall
Un-Registered Mis-User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bingley, West Yorkshire
Posts: 407
Send a message via MSN to Zeall
-->
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozaloz
Aw man that makes me feel nostalgic.....I missed the October Expo, I last went in May...it seems so long ago D:

Was Joe Flannigan really at the October one? If he was I may have to shoot myself XDD He's my fave SGA character EVER.

Well done on the video, it's hilarious XD Makes me wanna watch March of the Penguins :3
Joe Flannigan was there, my friends were debating whether to throw an origami shuriken i made at him, i told them they would get kicked out if they did, and then i left them there. i doubt they did because i met up with them later
__________________
^^^ that line there is up to something!
Zeall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 04:14 PM   #8
Dozaloz
Dozalozadozaloza
 
Dozaloz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Britland!!!
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeall
Joe Flannigan was there, my friends were debating whether to throw an origami shuriken i made at him, i told them they would get kicked out if they did, and then i left them there. i doubt they did because i met up with them later
Aha, you shoulda given him a lemon XD Maaaaaaan I cannot believed I missed him D: And Chris Lee, and that guy who plays Siler!! Did you talk to any of them? That woulda been pretty awesome.

I am sososos jealous the you got to see him
Dozaloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 04:16 PM   #9
Zeall
Un-Registered Mis-User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bingley, West Yorkshire
Posts: 407
Send a message via MSN to Zeall
-->
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozaloz
Aha, you shoulda given him a lemon XD Maaaaaaan I cannot believed I missed him D: And Chris Lee, and that guy who plays Siler!! Did you talk to any of them? That woulda been pretty awesome.

I am sososos jealous the you got to see him
lol, it was so funny, the queue to get Joe Flannigan's autograph was non stop (i didn't get one because they cost 15) but there was no queue for sargeant siler, he just sat ther talking to this woman all day
__________________
^^^ that line there is up to something!
Zeall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 04:20 PM   #10
Dozaloz
Dozalozadozaloza
 
Dozaloz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Britland!!!
Posts: 36
happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeall
lol, it was so funny, the queue to get Joe Flannigan's autograph was non stop (i didn't get one because they cost 15) but there was no queue for sargeant siler, he just sat ther talking to this woman all day
Aha!! That's like what happened a while ago with Walter (the gate guy) at a different convention...everyone was qeueing up to see Amanda Tapping and Richard Dean Anderson, and no-one recognised Walter...and then someone pointed at him and shouted 'Hey! It's the gate guy!' and they were the only ones who talked to him for the whole thing.

I woulda spoken to Siler, he's hilarious with his wrench XD
Dozaloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 04:28 PM   #11
Zeall
Un-Registered Mis-User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bingley, West Yorkshire
Posts: 407
Send a message via MSN to Zeall
-->
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozaloz
Aha!! That's like what happened a while ago with Walter (the gate guy) at a different convention...everyone was qeueing up to see Amanda Tapping and Richard Dean Anderson, and no-one recognised Walter...and then someone pointed at him and shouted 'Hey! It's the gate guy!' and they were the only ones who talked to him for the whole thing.

I woulda spoken to Siler, he's hilarious with his wrench XD
i haven't watched stargate in ages, i downright refuse to watch either sg-1 or atlantis since RDA left
__________________
^^^ that line there is up to something!
Zeall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 04:32 PM   #12
Dozaloz
Dozalozadozaloza
 
Dozaloz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Britland!!!
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeall
i haven't watched stargate in ages, i downright refuse to watch either sg-1 or atlantis since RDA left
You'd be suprise...SGA is pretty rubbish but Atlantis is actually really really good.


But we're going off topic
Dozaloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 04:38 PM   #13
Zeall
Un-Registered Mis-User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bingley, West Yorkshire
Posts: 407
Send a message via MSN to Zeall
-->
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozaloz
You'd be suprise...SGA is pretty rubbish but Atlantis is actually really really good.


But we're going off topic
yeah, sorry mod's and topic creator *bows*
__________________
^^^ that line there is up to something!
Zeall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 04:46 PM   #14
tigerangel
Queen of Epic Stuff
 
tigerangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bath, UK
Posts: 1,568
Send a message via AIM to tigerangel
-->
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeall
Joe Flannigan was there, my friends were debating whether to throw an origami shuriken i made at him
Holy crap that was you who handed me the origami shurikens? I didn't realise XD Thanks ever so much - I still have them


Also: Crap! someone was filming at Expo Dammit, I'm going to have to train my leet camera-avoiding skills some more as I totally didn't realise... will watch it when I get home tonight
__________________

Independant Artist ~ Animator~ Comic Artist
tigerangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 05:01 PM   #15
Zeall
Un-Registered Mis-User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bingley, West Yorkshire
Posts: 407
Send a message via MSN to Zeall
-->
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerangel
Holy crap that was you who handed me the origami shurikens? I didn't realise XD Thanks ever so much - I still have them
no problem, i'll be happy to make more at the next event, actually, later (when i get a hold of my mates camera) i'm going to record myself making one and upload it, so then you'll be able to make them yourself

EDIT: i handed them out to quite a few people so i don't know your face from others, sorry

EDIT2: i remember now, you were the one in Naruto cosplay? i think i was sat in one of the panels you did
__________________
^^^ that line there is up to something!
Zeall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 05:13 PM   #16
tigerangel
Queen of Epic Stuff
 
tigerangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bath, UK
Posts: 1,568
Send a message via AIM to tigerangel
-->
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeall
EDIT2: i remember now, you were the one in Naruto cosplay? i think i was sat in one of the panels you did
*nodnod* That was me Would love to see how they're made ^__^
__________________

Independant Artist ~ Animator~ Comic Artist
tigerangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 05:16 PM   #17
Zeall
Un-Registered Mis-User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bingley, West Yorkshire
Posts: 407
Send a message via MSN to Zeall
-->
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerangel
*nodnod* That was me Would love to see how they're made ^__^
are you going to the midlands expo on the 24th feb? if you are, i could show you then too, if your not busy
__________________
^^^ that line there is up to something!
Zeall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 05:26 PM   #18
tigerangel
Queen of Epic Stuff
 
tigerangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bath, UK
Posts: 1,568
Send a message via AIM to tigerangel
-->
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeall
are you going to the midlands expo on the 24th feb? if you are, i could show you then too, if your not busy
Sadly not, due to financial/time restrictions next year
__________________

Independant Artist ~ Animator~ Comic Artist
tigerangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 05:33 PM   #19
wandering_muse
♥♥♥
 
wandering_muse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 573
Default

LOL!! My legs are in the 'pull' section of the video (gothloli shoes with legwarmers) XDDD My 2 seconds of fame

(Edit: the reason why I'm tottering is because I was then in rather terrible pain XD;; )
__________________
wandering_muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 05:50 PM   #20
Zeall
Un-Registered Mis-User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bingley, West Yorkshire
Posts: 407
Send a message via MSN to Zeall
-->
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerangel
Sadly not, due to financial/time restrictions next year
oh well, i get my holidays back from work on jan 1st, cos i've run out this year
__________________
^^^ that line there is up to something!
Zeall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
London Expo Oct Aftermath Manga_Girl Sweatdrop Central 70 04-11-2006 12:20 AM
Expo Meetup! (oct 06) fuurin Coffee Lounge 76 02-11-2006 05:25 PM
Expo (Oct 06) Transport Dock Coffee Lounge 26 30-10-2006 06:30 PM
Who is going to Expo Oct 06? Dock Coffee Lounge 82 28-10-2006 07:48 PM
London MCM Expo Oct '06 - Panels Emma Coffee Lounge 5 25-10-2006 02:13 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.