Index Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Sweatdrop Forums > Main Category > Coffee Lounge > Introduce yourself ^_^

Old 07-06-2005, 12:58 PM   #21
denji
Improve or...get eaten! XD

Send a message via MSN to denji
-->

hello i'm denji.. my real name is sarah, but for some reason even in real life people call me denji !

umm..i've drawn genie, waruii kami bokura and those who can dance on the feather~

yeeah i love drawing..i really enjoy writing too, and because i enjoy reading manga it all kind of merges together ^^;;

sweatdrop is great, IMO, so! love you all!

denji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 01:43 PM   #22
Mogchan
Visionary

'Lo,

I'm Moggy, rather scary and usually highly opinionated. Fan of many things, a keen writer with a top project on the go and a lover of Sweatdrop to the point of abuse. I don't draw as it's not my strong point - more of a writer and I like to think not too shabby in that department. When I'm not glued in front of a PC at home, I'm glued in front of one at work, repairing the things and yelling at people in my very own office. Vice Chair and PR for the rather fabulous Tokonatsu Anime convention (of which if you attend I'll see you there) and looking forward to my impending marriage to a lass called Andrea-Jane on September the 3rd.
Hobbies include cooking like a bad-ass, pretending not to do any gardening but secretly watering plants under the cover of night, mythology, the complexities behind religion, folklore and a love for this bit of green in the world we call England.

Nice to meet you all.

"Where Passion and Duty Collide"

Mogchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 02:50 PM   #23
Emma
Badgers!

nice to see you back on the forums mogchan - it's been a while *hug*^_^
Old 08-06-2005, 06:31 PM   #24
wildfire198
.:: Jah warrior ::.

Hey, I'm OJ (otherwise known as Jess) ^_^.

I first heard about Sweatdrop from the A&I Magazine's little catalogue thing which my nan gave me cause she knew I liked manga . I've been interested in anime/manga for about a year or more now (lol although I've only just found out the difference between the two !), and I learnt to draw manga from the tutorials on www.polykarbon.com by the fantastic Patrick Shettlesworth .

I love to write stories and I esp love drawing so I thought maybe comics were the right way to go...only I haven't gotten round to doing one as of yet , just been practising character drawing. I'm goin to the A&I convention, and also hope to go to Ayacon later in the year.

N e ways, catch y'all l8r. Cya God bless, take care, oj ;p

^_^ Every man is a genius until he opens his mouth ^_^
wildfire198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 06:32 PM   #25
Emma
Badgers!

nice to meet you and welcome to Sweatdrop!
Ah - Planet manga - yay! someone read it^_~

Great news about A&I - do you know which workshops you're interested in? It should be a good event.

^_^
Old 08-06-2005, 08:08 PM   #26
cjw
Lazy lurker

I'm Ciaran, and I've been occasionally posting to these boards for a while now. I think I discovered Sweatdrop via Boiled Spoons and the excellent work of Laura Watton (Start making t-shirts again, pleeeease!).

Although I'd love to produce my own comic, I know that realistically I'm not going to do it; I've already turned one of my hobbies into my day job, and now I like to just kick back in my spare time Although I do have loads of ideas for projects that I start but never see through to completion

But for now I'll just be supporting Sweatdrop as a paying customer
cjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 08:08 PM   #27
Nearsighted

I've already introduced myself, but I gues you can't be introduced too many times, so here goes...
I'd like to say something along the lines of "Hi! I'm Nearsighted and I'm a Scandinavian baron living in a floating castle where I practice my special skills of..." ...I'd better cut it off there.
Anyway, people online call me Nearsighted, as it sounds more personal than "nearsightedgod". In the real world people tend to call me Steve, The Steveman, Steve-inator, or basically any combination of words involving "Steve". Which, in retrospect, is odd, because my name is Robert.
Well, in my spare time I pace frequently, as I have little else to do. Eighteen years old, and eighteen sucks just as much as 17 did. I don't have a job because recently I moved to the state of West Virginia, and there's just nowhere to work in this wasteland. Did I mention I like in the US? Bah...
I'll add, for the sake of completion and to get a better image of who I am, that I'm single, have been for nearly a year. Can't decide if I like "alone" or not, though. But I can say I've learned a lot through being alone. You have a lot of time to practice your art! I guess that's just about everything I'd like to share. This is a great place, btw, and I'd like to post some art soon.
Old 08-06-2005, 08:11 PM   #28
wandering_muse
♥♥♥

wowz! this is so cool!

Hi, my name is Hannah, I'm 15 and I live on the Isle of Wight in the South of England!

I joined Sweatdrop roughly a year ago, and I became a SD member last month! XD (uwah uwah uwaaah!!)

I haven't got anything printed yet, but i have loads of new projects i want to do...

love W.D
Old 08-06-2005, 08:56 PM   #29
wildfire198
.:: Jah warrior ::.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma
nice to meet you and welcome to Sweatdrop!
Ah - Planet manga - yay! someone read it^_~

Great news about A&I - do you know which workshops you're interested in? It should be a good event.

^_^
Nice to meet you too (lol lovin the smileys)!

I'm hoping to go to the "Creating the Style 2..." and possibly "Drawing a character - basic and hands on..." workshops cause I'm goin on the saturday. I wanted to go to the inking one aswell (cause I really suck at inking), but I can't get there for friday .

Btw, that Planet Manga bklet was kool ^_^. There's some great artwork in there!

N e ways ttyl. cya God bless take care, oj ;p

^_^ Every man is a genius until he opens his mouth ^_^
wildfire198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 01:27 AM   #30
Felix Mahoney M
Who What When Where Why?

Hello, im new here,

i only joined yesterday n this is my first post. my SCN is Felix Mahoney Montanna and im 42 male from Mars.... only joking...

I enjoy drawing, watching anime and films, reading manga and playing video games
i recently saw OLD BOY which i highly recomend as a good film.
I like all Anime but mainly prefer old stuff like Berserk

I've been a fan of anime since i was a child but im a terible drawer. (as u can see from the pic that i did on paint) always had plenty of good ideas though. a friend recomended this site and after looking around i think its pretty cool too!!!

Well my real name is terry and im 23 m from essex, but thats not the kind of thing i normally admit to so remember it haha.
Attached Images
File Type: gif aaaa its me.GIF (4.3 KB, 20 views)
Felix Mahoney M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 01:38 AM   #31
yan-ryu

*glomps terry*

ur so crazy lol!
Old 17-06-2005, 05:31 PM   #32
Laura
BACK IN THE GAME

Microsoft Paint rules! Welcome aboard everyone! ^^

CJW, thank you for your post! I would love to make T-shirts again one day, watch this space. They may be more of a handmade-y type though, with pens and inks and splats and stuff. Not quite sure yet - but must get a new comic out first! *busy*
Old 18-06-2005, 12:48 PM   #33
cjw
Lazy lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura
CJW, thank you for your post! I would love to make T-shirts again one day, watch this space.
Yay!
cjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 08:51 PM   #34
LukePierce
BoJo's majority is OVER 9000!!

Location: Bedfordshire, apparently there are fearsome navies here
Send a message via Yahoo to LukePierce
-->

Well, I guess I should introduce myself?

Okay, I'm Luke, 24 and from Sunny Sussex and an aspiring writer/artist and football referee.

I've been drawing for just over a year now and, even in six months, there's been a really dramatic improvement. So here's hoping!

On top of all that, I went to the national referees conference in Southport last weekend. Got to see Southport for about half hour - nice place and friendly people - before getting to meet other friendly people and getting the signatures of people who spend most of their weekends upsetting half the country!

But they're also really top class guys...
LukePierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 05:03 PM   #35
Suki_Arashi

Send a message via AIM to Suki_Arashi Send a message via MSN to Suki_Arashi
-->

Hey! I'm not so good with introductions so bear with me

My name's TJ (Tajana), I'm 18 and from Norwich, which must be the most boring city in England, but hopefully I'll be going to London SOAS in September to Study Japanese.

I've been watching anime since I was like 3, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball and Doraemon being my favourites (and I still love them now!) I also really enjoy manga, probably more than anime, and my favourites at the moment are The Adventures of Kindaichi, Psychometre Eiji and Remote. Although perhaps I'm a little inflluenced by the drama series of these featuring J-Pop actors?!

I really enjoy drawing, I've been drawing since I was little and I've recently decided to work on it a little more, and so I will be posting my art on here soon! (After my exam on Wednesday and if I can ever find a scanner that decides to work in the library )

So that's a little about me, and hopefully I'll talk to you guys soon!
Suki_Arashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2005, 07:01 PM   #36
Emma
Badgers!

huge welcomes!! *hugs*
Old 28-06-2005, 05:05 PM   #37
mpw3d

Send a message via MSN to mpw3d
-->

Hi everyone i'm MPW3D (martin wadlow) i'm 18 male, been drawing manga for 5 years nearly 6.I skateboard and my favourite Anime is Neon genesis Evangelion. I like rock music, abit of metal and i like to meet new people and have a good chat just about anythng
(mpw3d@hotmail.com for chating)
Old 30-06-2005, 12:12 AM   #38
Markto2809

Hello, I'm Markto. 22 from London. Finished my Advance art course and going to study Animation in the coming end of September. Before that, I just draw pictures whenever but especially fan arts in manga art but planning to make manga before my animation course.

Well, I'm a bit surprised that alot of artists in UK now are publishing their own mangas in UK. This should be interesting.
Markto2809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2005, 08:04 PM   #39
Missino
Works with Wine

Send a message via MSN to Missino
-->

Welcome Markto! Hope you enjoy posting on the forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma
huge welcomes!! *hugs*
Hey, Emma...I don't believe you gave me a hug when I joined...

Wahhhh, I want a HUG!
Missino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2005, 08:42 PM   #40
Emma
Badgers!

Ah!! really??
*hugs Missino*
there we go ^_^

Welcome all! ^_^