Index Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Sweatdrop Forums > Main Category > Promote your work > Almost here... Deepest Twilight!

Old 29-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
naotavespaboy
Up and running!!

Default Almost here... Deepest Twilight!

Yep I've finally stopped procrastinating long enough to get this 99% finished, just some spell checking and tones I'm unhappy with to do! Unfortunatly I won't have any copies ready for this weekends expo... but I can consider printing it for October (money permitting and all that) or getting round to webcomicing it. Until then here's a preview page from the first part of Deepest Twilight: Resurrection.

The attached page is from the last part of the prologue. It gives little of the story away and can let the good people of this website get used to my drawing.

Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg page.jpg (135.1 KB, 92 views)
Old 30-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
Mike O

It's cool, but I think that the top panel is a bit too busy for my liking. It took me a while to work out that there are 4 characters there.
Mike O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:16 AM   #3
ReyDeNoches

Backgrounds matter the most in appearance I believe.
ReyDeNoches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
naotavespaboy
Up and running!!

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll agree that top frame is very busy, but I do like to lavish detail upon my characters. Especially the group featured in that frame as they make up the main bad guys in this story and many of my friends who have read the original version and helped to proof read this rewrite like them and added character quirks and flaws to them that I never would have thought of adding in. Normally I would devote a whole page to a group shot like that and tend to make the smaller frames less busy.

Backgrounds are very important. I tend to hand draw most of mine when necessary, but do have a tendency to just use tones or create strong light and dark contrasts as fits the mood of the story, after all this is a light vs dark story and by using strong black bgs this helps get the mood across. Of course overusing this technique would lead to some very boring frames and I do need to work on my bg art.
Old 06-06-2012, 02:07 AM   #5
ReyDeNoches

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotavespaboy View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll agree that top frame is very busy, but I do like to lavish detail upon my characters. Especially the group featured in that frame as they make up the main bad guys in this story and many of my friends who have read the original version and helped to proof read this rewrite like them and added character quirks and flaws to them that I never would have thought of adding in. Normally I would devote a whole page to a group shot like that and tend to make the smaller frames less busy.

Backgrounds are very important. I tend to hand draw most of mine when necessary, but do have a tendency to just use tones or create strong light and dark contrasts as fits the mood of the story, after all this is a light vs dark story and by using strong black bgs this helps get the mood across. Of course overusing this technique would lead to some very boring frames and I do need to work on my bg art.

Good, don't lose hope! Always try your best to the fullest!

Like how England is going to need to in order to get out of the Euro 2012's group stages!
Old 14-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
naotavespaboy
Up and running!!

Haha We drew with France... Not that I'm getting my hopes up.

Anyway finished with the final spellcheck and tones are now mostly up to scratch. As I'm toally inept with the internet I've decided that I will try to get this to print for the October MCM expo. Just have to save up the money and scout about for print companies, any suggestions/ links for good companies for people new to printing off you guys would be massively appreciated

As Octobers a long way off I may as well use this thread to introduce the story, setting and characters as well. Hopefully if I remember I can put up a sketch, or panel and some backround info each week to give you guys an idea what this is all about. I'll put up some new drawings up starting next week!
Old 16-06-2012, 02:40 AM   #7
ReyDeNoches

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotavespaboy View Post
Haha We drew with France... Not that I'm getting my hopes up.

Anyway finished with the final spellcheck and tones are now mostly up to scratch. As I'm toally inept with the internet I've decided that I will try to get this to print for the October MCM expo. Just have to save up the money and scout about for print companies, any suggestions/ links for good companies for people new to printing off you guys would be massively appreciated

As Octobers a long way off I may as well use this thread to introduce the story, setting and characters as well. Hopefully if I remember I can put up a sketch, or panel and some backround info each week to give you guys an idea what this is all about. I'll put up some new drawings up starting next week!

You beat Sweden...without Rooney! =)

But Germany will crush you >D

Anyway, how far have you plotted with the story/series? A year in advance, or is everything just causally going to play through itself?
Old 21-06-2012, 03:38 PM   #8
naotavespaboy
Up and running!!

ReyDeNoches: So far I've planned up to about page 600 and have fully drawn up 80 pages with another 60 or so done in ink and ready to be scanned up for text and tone to be added to.

And we managed to finish top of our group, bring on the Italians!

Right then down to business. The attached drawing is a map of the continent of Liminista where the story takes place. Liminista is the second largest continent in Orrealm after Orika the undiscovered land. Liminista is seperated into three imperial powers each with its own distinct politics, religions and ways of life. The three powers are the Whyt Empire, Black empire and the Sarissis empire.

The Whyt empire: Ruled by an Enclave of mages the Whyt Empire tends to elect its ruler from the highest ranking officials in the enclave. Currently the post is held by Misstress Pearly and has been since the end of the era of cleansing which saw the Whyt mages destroy the Sylvyn race and overthrow the Sylvermoon dynasty.
The Whyt Empires capital is Marble city a sprawling metropolis which encompasses all of imperial life.The rich mages and officials live in lavish mansions in the inner city protected from the peasantry and bustle of city life by high walls.The outer city is a network of slums and industry where millions of peasants toil just to support their day to day lives. the outer city also holds the garrisons of Marble city soldiers. Dominating the cityscape is the mysterious Marble tower where the Whyt enclave governs from. Few are allowed in this dominating building and none other then Sylvyn queens of ancient times have been in the top floors.
The main religion of this empire is Solarism, the worship of the god of the golden sun Solaris. Every town and city in the empire has a temple to the god and most villages will contain a small chaple or shrine to him. Other gods commonly followed are Simone the god of greed and earthelia the goddes of life who has a large following in Mirander woods where the druids hold council.
Warfare is a common part of life and whilst most towns have a garrison of regular soldiers there is normally nowhere near enough for prolonged campaigns or to halt determined invaders. Most Whyt imperial armies are made up of huge numbers of conscripted peasants who have no choice but to go to war when called upon. These massive mobs are poorly equipped and have little or no training instead relying on weight of numbers to overcome superior enemies. Mages often accompany the soldiery to war and will often take up positions towards the back of the battlelines where they can oblirate the opposition with minimum risk to their own safety. They think nothing of catching a few of their own comrades (normally the peasantry) with their own destructive spells but then cruel undeserved death is nothing new to the lowest class of imperial society. When it comes to warfare the Whyt Empire makes no distinction between male and female and both the peasant mobs and regular soldiers contain large numbersof female warriors.

Thats enough for now I think. I don't want to information overload when this isn't even out yet! Next time I'll give you a glimpse into the Sinister Black Empire
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0001.jpg (186.5 KB, 29 views)
Old 21-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #9
Jabbercrow

Sounds cool - where can I read it?!
Jabbercrow is offline   Reply With Quote