Index Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Sweatdrop Forums > Main Category > Sweatdrop Central > Forum Problems? Post here.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:48 PM   #101
azzaelle

Thank you Team Sweatdrop (Sun Kitten & Sonia) =} !
azzaelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2011, 03:22 AM   #102
conero
zam

Question Meta Tag Problem

Hi,

Forgive me as this is my first post and unable to make a new thread, but I feel I must point out a major problem with your main website, not your forum but I have already sent an email to the webmaster and this is just making sure it's noticed.

The main website/index (sweatdrop.com) does not have meta tag information, I only noticed this because my web developer tool I forgot to close gave me lots of warnings when I visited the page.

I will paste my email here for who it concerns.

---

I highly recommended you to add meta tag data to the index of your website, add these lines between your <head> tags, modify the content accordingly.

Code:
<meta name="description" content="This is Sweatdrops description that will show up in Google results." />
Code:
<meta name="keywords" content="write, as, many, keywords, that, relate, to, your, site, you, can, think, of" />
Description is what shows up in search engine results.
Keywords relates to the keyword search input by the user in search engines;
Example for you to use: manga, anime, japan, japanese, comic, comics, publisher, sweatdrop, sweatdrop studios, studio, circle, artist circle, manga circle, doujin, doujinshi, graphic novel, artists, illustrators, dragon heir
Hope this helps, I am a manga fan too, nice to see a UK based entity!

If my analyst is wrong, forgive me, but my tools are telling me you lack important meta data to help index your website, Google is throwing up a fuss with anything to do with sweatdrop.com.

---

When checking Google's index with the keyword 'manga', only a couple forum posts are picked up. The only keyword that currently relates to the main page is 'sweatdrop' because it's in the <title> tag.

Hope this helps and again if my tools are wrong forgive me!
conero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 02:21 PM   #103
Neil2

Hello, this is Neil. Since Tuesday I've been unable to log in - I've tried multiple times and it keeps saying "invalid username or password". When I try the password reminder it says "E-mail address not recognised".

I checked the memberlist and I notice that my name's not listed there anymore.

Any idea what's wrong?
Neil2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #104
Sun Kitten
A Pocketful of Clouds

Sweatdrop Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil2 View Post
Hello, this is Neil. Since Tuesday I've been unable to log in - I've tried multiple times and it keeps saying "invalid username or password". When I try the password reminder it says "E-mail address not recognised".

I checked the memberlist and I notice that my name's not listed there anymore.

Any idea what's wrong?
Hi Neil,

I'm afraid I have no idea, sorry, but have passed your question on. Can I ask what the username you normally use is - is it 'Neil'?
Old 27-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #105
Neil2

Yup, that's the one.
Neil2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2011, 12:12 PM   #106
Sun Kitten
A Pocketful of Clouds

Sweatdrop Admin

OK, that should be fixed now Have a go at logging on again.
Old 27-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #107
Neil
Cardboard boxes

Yay, thanks!
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:56 PM   #108
Wayne
Purloiner of shooies

Default Attachments in PM's

Hi guys, I seem to be unable to post attatchments in Private Messages. Has this always been the case, I believe I've posted attatchments in PM's before.

It's been that long I barely remember.

I dunno, I seem to think you could attatch files in PM's.

The option to do so simple doesn't exist for me.

Put me right someone.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:19 PM   #109
Sun Kitten
A Pocketful of Clouds

Sweatdrop Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
Hi guys, I seem to be unable to post attatchments in Private Messages. Has this always been the case, I believe I've posted attatchments in PM's before.

It's been that long I barely remember.

I dunno, I seem to think you could attatch files in PM's.

The option to do so simple doesn't exist for me.

Put me right someone.
I'm pretty sure that's never been an option. I've never been able to attach stuff in PMs, anyway
Old 13-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #110
Laura
BACK IN THE GAME

Sometimes at the bottom of a forum thread, the bottom-right number say that there are 2 pages of thread replies, whereas there is only just one. Curious!
Old 13-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #111
Ushio-kun
Nocturnal Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura View Post
Sometimes at the bottom of a forum thread, the bottom-right number say that there are 2 pages of thread replies, whereas there is only just one. Curious!
I've noticed this as well. I'll be clicking with the promise of another page of comments, only to simply refresh the page I'm currently on, lol.
Ushio-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #112
Sun Kitten
A Pocketful of Clouds

Sweatdrop Admin

Yeah, I spotted that. No idea what's going on, I'm afraid
Old 14-01-2012, 08:57 AM   #113
Wayne
Purloiner of shooies

A quick look on-line suggests this type of bug has occurred in the past, mostly on versions before VB3 but I can't find anything much on
our version of VB. There are the odd post around on VB's own forums suggesting as much.

Chances are it's just a random bug where some condition cause showthreads.php to incorrectly display number the page or create a non-existent page. User settings perhaps, since the user can set how many posts to display in their control panel. Give it a whirl and see if you get more or less problems.

I've only seen this problem once on here and recently. I thought nothing of it and just put it down to our internet struggling while people at home were pigging all the bandwidth.
Old 04-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #114
qwertyuiop

rage

First post!

Actually, I have a large problem... I signed up last night (as Mattemo) and still haven't recieved an activation email... I have, however, created this backup account (on my other email) and that's already got the activation email! (Hence why I can post on this account, but not on my main one!)
qwertyuiop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #115
Sun Kitten
A Pocketful of Clouds

Sweatdrop Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyuiop View Post
First post!

Actually, I have a large problem... I signed up last night (as Mattemo) and still haven't recieved an activation email... I have, however, created this backup account (on my other email) and that's already got the activation email! (Hence why I can post on this account, but not on my main one!)
Hello Mattemo. Please can you check your junk mail for the activation email - it may have ended up there by accident.

Thanks ^^
Old 04-04-2012, 04:30 PM   #116
Mattemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Kitten View Post
Hello Mattemo. Please can you check your junk mail for the activation email - it may have ended up there by accident.

Thanks ^^
Yeah it was, Thanks!

Now what to do with the other account...
Mattemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #117
Sun Kitten
A Pocketful of Clouds

Sweatdrop Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattemo View Post
Yeah it was, Thanks!

Now what to do with the other account...
Leaving it as it is won't hurt anybody. Actually deleting accounts is problematic. If you really want, I can ban it forever, but there doesn't seem to be that much point.
Old 28-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #118
Mike O

Hey. I'm Mike and I'm new here. As a result, I don't know my way round these forums and I'm feeling like an absolute dunce right now Can anyone point me in the right direction to properly introduce myself and how I can/ where I can post some of my work?

Oh, yeah. To the admins that would know, I appeared at this years MCM on Sunday with a comic I made.

Any help would be much appriecated.
Mike O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #119
Sun Kitten
A Pocketful of Clouds

Sweatdrop Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike O View Post
Hey. I'm Mike and I'm new here. As a result, I don't know my way round these forums and I'm feeling like an absolute dunce right now Can anyone point me in the right direction to properly introduce myself and how I can/ where I can post some of my work?

Oh, yeah. To the admins that would know, I appeared at this years MCM on Sunday with a comic I made.

Any help would be much appriecated.
Hi Mike, welcome to the forums I may have been one of the people you talked to, I'm not sure.

You can introduce yourself here, and after you've posted a few times you'll be able to make yourself a thread for your art in the artwork forum, and/or for your comic in the comics forum. Other than that, I think you're best off just poking around and seeing what people are talking about at the moment. Have fun ^^
Old 28-11-2012, 09:15 PM   #120
Sun Kitten
A Pocketful of Clouds

Sweatdrop Admin
Default User registration

Hi all,

In an effort to stem the tide of spammers, I have changed the settings to require manual validation of new users. This may result in a delay of a day or two for registration, for which I do apologise, but the volume of spammers is on the increase at the moment.

I'll do my best to enable new users as quickly as possible, but if you have been waiting too long for activation, please email me through the link on my bio and include your username.

Thank you for your patience ^^