Index Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Sweatdrop Forums > Manga Workshop > Manga Challenge > Remix Your Old Art!

Old 02-12-2010, 01:36 PM   #61
Salem's Lot

I did some pictures with cool ideas but with awful style a few years ago, so I should dig them out and redo them... *muses, rubs chin* Yeah, that'd be cool.

"He's a Canadian- Canadians don't lie!"- Due South
Salem's Lot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2011, 05:26 PM   #62
Tarento
Funk Junkie

alert: necroooooooo

i just felt this was entirely appropriate for this thread. and, it's a whole page. bonus laughs at the extent of crappiness from all angles. the original was done in about 2004, the new one sometime last month.

this is a fan-comic of certain characters from the proper old 'Beyblade' series (i'm sure you remember!) it is totally non-canon, reads right-to-left (as i was in that phase back then) and is still partially unfinished on the new version. but here it is anyway!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg scan0001.jpg (127.6 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg scan0002.jpg (152.4 KB, 200 views)
Old 17-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #63
+Shiny
Resident Noobie

Sweatdrop Member

Awesome thread! Why didn't I find it soooner~?

Am I missing something though, because I can't see any images...
Besides the one directly above ;w;

/sadly I can't partake becuase I haven't been drawing manga for that long XD
+Shiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2011, 11:43 PM   #64
Sun Kitten
A Pocketful of Clouds

Sweatdrop Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by +Shiny View Post
Am I missing something though, because I can't see any images...
Besides the one directly above ;w;
I think it must have fallen foul of the forum revamp we had a year or so ago - a lot of attachments were lost then, sadly. There are other improvement threads around, which may have more pictures on them ^^
Old 27-07-2011, 07:10 AM   #65
AdvaPointSolar

Default great

I wonder if i can ask a favor from you guys. My Son's birthday is fast approaching and me and my wife are planning to throw a party with an Anime theme. Do you have any ideas on this guys? I mean banners, tarpaulin designs or even have my son's face drawn in an anime look..

Last edited by AdvaPointSolar : 27-07-2011 at 07:34 AM.
AdvaPointSolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2011, 12:49 PM   #66
Darth Mongoose
The DupliKate

Send a message via AIM to Darth Mongoose Send a message via MSN to Darth Mongoose
-->

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvaPointSolar View Post
I wonder if i can ask a favor from you guys. My Son's birthday is fast approaching and me and my wife are planning to throw a party with an Anime theme. Do you have any ideas on this guys? I mean banners, tarpaulin designs or even have my son's face drawn in an anime look..
I'm not sure you've posted this in the right thread, but I'll put some ideas here anyway.

Getting art from a manga artist isn't hard at all. Have a look around the forums here for an artist you like, and if they do commissions, they'll probably have a website link in their post signatures. Most of us if you email us will tell you how much we charge for a piece of art such as a portrait or artwork for invitations etc and will be able to make the image and send it based on a few photos of the person for reference. Most print shops will print pictures onto a variety of stuff, so once you have your manga portrait as a high resolution digital file (which is what any good artist should be able to send you) you can get it on lots of different stuff!

You can even hire a manga artist to do portraits at a party. I've been asked to do this, but wasn't able to due to it being so short notice and down in London. It'd probably cost a similar amount to hiring a kids entertainer. I recommend picking an artist who has experience doing workshops, as they'll be used to working with kids and stuff.

Other things you could do at a manga themed party:
Japanese food: You can probably find recipes online for simple Japanese food. A lot of it, like vegetable or cooked fish sushi,yakitori, dango and onigiri are not so exotic or strange that kids won't like them. You can also buy rice crackers and pocky (often sold here as 'mikado'), popular Japanese snacks in this country.
Cosplay theme: Make it a costume party where everybody dresses as cartoon, anime, comic or video game characters.
Drawing table: Have a table laid out with pencils and paper and get everybody drawing.
Old 28-07-2011, 05:38 AM   #67
erininamori
Professional Animator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvaPointSolar View Post
I would try have a cosplay/costume party, dress up as your sons favourite anime characters, make it mandatory or no cake.
erininamori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #68
tenshianna
Anybody? no? dust...

Send a message via MSN to tenshianna
-->

Hey! I noticed a meme that's larking about DA and that doing exactly this! taking an old piece from a few years or so ago and trying again to see how much you've improved! Has anyone on the ol SD forums had a go? I attach my attept, was preetty funzo!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg old-and-new.jpg (169.8 KB, 121 views)
Old 01-12-2011, 01:14 AM   #69
Mimi
Binky Boy!

Whoaman! Thats amazing! Really shows your character's development in terms of design! Love it

Less complaining, More drawing!
Mimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #70
Emma
Badgers!

That's fabulous, Anna! *gazes at the pretty*
Old 09-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #71
fgeorge

Though not a lot of people actually reuse their art drawings, it would actually be nice to have a few of the characters and stuff recurring on the episodes of the series you come up with. That ensures that you are to gain familiarity from the readers which could be good.

That would mean that they would have something to hold onto which will actually take and grab their interest to the maximum.
fgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #72
Ryuuza
Meteorz!

Send a message via MSN to Ryuuza
-->

Just done this very thing with the Soulsnatchers print that I made to celebrate the relaunched comic, featuring Alusius, one of the main characters.
The first one was done in 2006, second one was finished a couple of hours ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alusius_the_Soulsnatcher_by_ryuuza_san.jpg (108.8 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg ss_alusius_print_web.jpg (191.1 KB, 48 views)
Old 04-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #73
cercia

I recently re drew my Frog Princess because I wanted a bigger print version, reducing the size of the fringe and changing the face a bit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ball 1.jpg (18.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg Ball 2.jpg (56.6 KB, 12 views)
cercia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #74
cercia

Oh - the most exciting thing I found was, a lot of techniques like shading and layer filters which used to take me ages now take no time at all!
cercia is offline   Reply With Quote